Call for Papers & Industry Presentations
The Joint Conference of the 32nd International Workshop on Software Measurement (IWSM) and the 17th International Conference on Software Process and Product Measurement (MENSURA) will be held on September 14-15 in Rome, Italy.
IWSM-MENSURA is the premier international conference on software measurement. Over the past three decades, the conference has built its reputation by attracting leading-edge researchers together with talks, tutorials and discussions by the leaders and innovators in the field. The main goal is to share experiences, challenges and solution approaches to facilitate technology transfers from best measurement and estimation-related practices developed by researchers and world-leading industry experts. IWSM-MENSURA is one of the pioneer conferences in attracting industry participation with each year 50-60% of its participants from industry, either as speakers or as attendees. Therefore, IWSM-MENSURA is quite unique in its richness of discussions on the applicability of theoretical measurement research in the field.
We invite proposals from researchers and practitioners in all fields of software measurement. We particularly encourage proposals from experienced industry practitioners and researchers on the state-of-the-art and the future of Information Technology cost estimation and control. The topics of concern are listed in (but not limited to) the following:
- Data-driven decision making
- Data Science and Data Analytics
- Decision support systems based on software measurement
- Effort estimation based on early size approximation
- Effort estimation for Artificial Intelligence software
- Effort estimation for Industry 4.0 software
- Empirical studies
- Formal estimation in Agile environments
- Measurement and Data Analytics in the era of Artificial Intelligence
- Measurement and estimation practices in Agile software development
- Measurement automation
- Measurement processes and resources, e.g., Agile or model-driven
- Measurement theory for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Measuring and quantifying value
- Measuring technical debt
- Measuring the software for the Industry 4.0 projects
- Monitoring and evaluation in the era of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Portfolio estimation
- Resources (cost, effort, time) Estimation
- Service-and product-oriented measures
- Sizing Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
- Sizing software ecosystems
- Software measurement and cost estimation in Artificial Intelligence
- Software measurement and cost estimation in Blockchain, Game development, Metaverse building, and other emerging technologies
- Software measurement data mining
- Software size approximation techniques
- Trends in software estimation
- Usage of Big Data Analytics for improving products and processes
- Visualizations and dashboards
- Abstract Submission due: June 18, 2023
- Full Paper Submission due: June 23, 2023
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: July 15, 2023
- Final version: August 1, 2023
There are three submission categories:
Full papers: These are aimed at presenting high-quality submissions describing significant, original, and unpublished results related to but not limited to any of the above topics.
Short papers: These are aimed at presenting innovative, promising ideas in the early stages of research for which the complete evaluation is not yet carried out.
Industry presentations: These are aimed at presenting practical and real-world studies of software measurement.
All submissions must be done electronically in PDF format via the IWSM 2023 Easy Chair submission site.
All submissions must adopt the new CEUR-ART style for writing papers to be published with CEUR-WS. An Overleaf page for LaTeX users is available at: https://www.overleaf.com/read/gwhxnqcghhdt
You can also download an offline version with the style files from http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/CEURART.zip. It also contains DOCX template files. Please use the 1-column style.
Submissions can be full papers, short papers, and industry presentations.
All submissions must be in English and must be at least 10 pages for full papers and 5-9 pages for short papers and industry presentations.
The title page must contain a short abstract clarifying the relation of the paper with the topics above.
Submissions must be original contributions that have neither been published previously nor submitted to other conferences or journals while being submitted to IWSM-MENSURA 2023.
Authors are encouraged to adhere to the best practices of reproducible research, by making available data and related tools for reproducing the results reported in their papers.
For each accepted paper, at least one author must register for the conference and present the paper. Final paper presentations must be submitted one week before the conference to allow posting them on the conference website on time for the conference itself.
Proceedings of IWSM-Mensura 2023 will be published through CEUR.